PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sleep or read??
Thread: Sleep or read??
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2007, 05:17
Sqwak7700

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"As for Vol 8s. What a laugh that article was..."

Couldn't agree more. It is funny to hear this clown say that we should concentrate on learning from the actual book because there is little value in knowing how particular trainers want it done. Yet, these "trainers" are given free range when it comes to grading trainees. Almost like trying to get rid of the solution to a problem that they have created instead of fixing the problem. God forbid they try fixing it.

If I were in charge, and believe me, this is a pretty big IF, I would hold all trainers whose names come up in the VOL8s answer as to why they are IN the VOL8s. I think that would just about solve it.

Speaking of ridiculous out-of-touch company publications, have you guys glanced at the latest Kai Talk? It goes on and on about "just culture" and how at Cathay we believe and try to create a "just culture". Do they actually believe this crap??? Do they believe they have a "just" system with "no blame" for honest mistakes? The whole ERAS system is a database that keeps tracks of your mistakes and punishes you for the rest of your carreer; I guess they overlooked that one.

Lets look at some honest mistakes and how Cathay applied its "Just Culture". Windshear go-arround incident over Lantau Peak...Captain demoted. Yeah, I guess he did that on purpose. JFK lawn mower approach...you guessed it, the "just culture" deemed it was necessary to demote the Captain. Does anyone else see this "Just Culture" pattern forming???

I don't know about you, but I don't show up to my RT/PCs saying "Let's see how many ****-ups I can do today". So I can tell you that all my mistakes will be accidental. Yet I will probably be punished for them at some point. What is so just about that?

I don't know about you, but I find myself using the barfing-face icon more often these days. Maybe my ****t-bucket is overflowing into my dinner plate.