PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Infringements of the Heathrow CTR
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2007, 23:46
high-hopes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote:
I find that almost unbelievable - to train someone to PPL level without showing them the greatest single way to broaden their horizons and go to interesting far away places.
What a bizarre comment.

The greatest single thing that stops people broadening their horizons and going to interesting far away places is the weather, not anything to do with navigation. So the greatest single thing to overcome this would be a magic wand. (Or possibly an IMCR or IR, but many of us here fly for fun and sitting in cloud wouldn't count as fun.)
The only thing that's stopping me from going far away places is not the lack of GPS..... it's the lack of something else called money

If I could afford frequent and long range flying, I would probably own a plane and therefor even buying a GPS wouldn't be an issue.

Some people on here seem to belittle what your average PPL does (only VFR, same destinations, short range blah blah) without thinking that it takes a lot of money to buy your extra ratings and skills. Give us time !

Anyway this is seriously drifting away from the initial thread and also becoming very boring !