PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 23rd Jul 2007, 22:37
SocialFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not Progressed

Hey Guys,
I spoke to 2 people at my recruitment day who made it through till the end and then got the unsuccessful e-mail. After the recruitment day you can expect your references to be called within 2 weeks, and then you will get another e-mail if successful at that stage advising that you have been progressed and awaiting positions to arise. These days Virgin will only send you for a medical when they have a confirmed ground school start date for you.
Hang in there, they need quite a few people on the wait list to cope for the upcoming new aircraft and also to fill the gaps for crew which may transfer to the Long Haul operation. In addition, they may be updating their training program to include the Embraer aircraft as part of training for new crew, that would make sense to include it in the training. Who knows, we can guess all day....

Another hint, go have a look at your application online and you will notice that the status of your application will change as you are going through the recruitment process. I noticed mine has changed three times, and recently it states something about "upcoming cabin crew training schools". Let me know if your is the same.

Fingers crossed guys, keep us posted, ill do the same.
Cheers
SocialFlyer