PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CEO resigns from GF
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2007, 20:19
wapses

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Astonishing situation. Less than four months in the job after a six month search for the right guy ... or someone who would take the job. You chaps must be wondering what's next? I heard that he wasn't the first choice of the Bahrain board members and now that it is Bahrain-only his support slipped away.

Who will take the job now? Bit of a poisoned chalice.

And what about all those major decisions he and his team of consultants made? Discontinuing six routes. Why? I have heard many people disagreeing with a number of those decisions, particularly Dublin. Will the next guy want to review the review?

The airline has been in limbo for over a year now since the Australian one announced his departure. Now more in-limbo to come. Not a good position to be in.

And with the continuing uncertainty about the future I have heard that many good guys in management will be looking around for alternatives. If you're not careful, by the time you get your next CEO all you will have left is the dregs, the staff no one else wants.

Someone like Rod Eddington needs to come in for a couple of years on a short term contract to turn the airline around and then turn the thing over to a competent CEO.

Good luck!