PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Generic Interview & Recruitment Questions
Old 23rd Jul 2007, 19:32
I Just Want To Fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i fly with so many crew who are from NCL, who would love to be based from there, so chances are you will have an extremely high standard of experience applicants at any NCL based airline. I used to work for easyjet, and they generally only recruit for LON bases. You have to transfer into other bases when they become available.

you serously need to think long and hard about why you want this job. alot of people on this forum have been in far worse situations than you, and managed to find a way.

it actually quite annoys me when people look for an easy way in. It took me 13 interviews, years of studying foreign languages, and years of working in customer service jobs, just to get in! you want to work from your home town? imagine not even being able to work from your own country, or hemisphere for that matter, and only being able to go home twice a year cause it takes so long and costs so much. (sorry been a bit homesick lately)

I moved to the UK from the other side of the world. after paying for my flights i barely had enough money to eat. but i found a way, and lived on bread and cheese through training and well beyond.

if you are not willing to do whatever it takes, then please wait... let someone who IS have the opportunity now, and you can always try again at a later stage after you have saved up enough money to move down to LON.