PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More prodnoses
Thread: More prodnoses
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2007, 18:16
ShedsRus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More prodnoses

Can some one tell me the reason for 3 members of Revenue & Customs at BHX on Sat 21/07?

Stood after security but preventing access to the departure lounge until they'd asked pertinent questions like where u going? Why? Where u staying? and how much cash have u got?

As sole traveller, amongst the families off to the Majorca villa, I was asked for my reason for travelling. Taken aback I replied 'cos thats wot I do. Not good enuff. Why,where,how and why again. Not good enough. Passport taken for discussion with one of the other PNs. I was off to Frankfurt for a weekend (one of many I take throughout the year), I had 3 Indian and 1 Chinese visa (which may or not been relavent - as no-one asked). I was then approached by PN2 who asked the same questions - received the same answers. He insisted I told him exactly where I was going - in Germany - and why. It was a pain in the A***. Eventually after seeing I was getting a bit p****d off he asked what I had in my camera bag! It didn't take an Einstein but I showed him the requisite camera and lo the portals opened and I was told to have a nice time. At no time was their presence explained.
During this periood I had watched the young lady revenuer ask similar questions of the bucket and spade brigade - who all looked as if they were money laundering in the Balearics - I don't think.

So - wot were they up to? Is our Gordon after our holiday money as well as our tax, pensions, homes, gold fillings?

Answers on a fifty pound note please