PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How do Airports Charge for use of Their Facilities
Old 23rd Jul 2007, 17:21
Re-Heat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm trying to get some figures so that I can demonstrate how unjustified it is for those who require to be collected by car at an airport to have their friends or relatives pay for a short stay in the pick up car park. I hope to write to my MP about this issue as I feel that BAA and NCP are extracting enough revenue from the travelling public.
It is a free enterprise. Open another airport down the road and compete if you feel you are being ripped off...or take a bus...

I can't quite work out how any figures would justify anything as every airport is different. Some depend upon road access and others are well connected by public transport, so nothing is comparable between different sites.

Any enterprise will charge whatever revenue is possible to fill their operations to capacity: if it discourages you, then unfortunately, there are thousands of others who will and are paying, and justifying the existence of the charge.

Sorry to be so little help, but the government is not responsible for small minutae regulations that people are aggreived by. It is responsible for generating the climate that allows full competition to exist, and if you are aggrieved by BAA at all, you should be campaigning for the breakup up the monopoly that they have.