PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - North Sea Jigsaw
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2007, 11:01
Jisaw ARRC Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spin? says you!

I dont know if we are working the same project, but you seem to be getting your self mixed up with god only knows what!

a) The operation was planned and the ARRC was already in the water, before the weather started to pick up, maybe 3.5 - 4m swell was a slight overexaggeration, but it was easily averaging 2.5 - 3metres.

b) The operations was indeed with the ARRC, and not the Mother ship, I should know, I was on the deck of the ARRC.

c) The ARRC seats 21 survivors, plus 6 crew, but we have the capablility, in emergency evac situations, the overload up to the capacity of about 7 Tonnes Gross weight in personnel, so you work it out, that in my book is 80 ish average size men.

d) I am interested to know how you know what our procedures are in the marine sector, and if you was aware of every one of our procedures then surely you must also note that the ARRC is a "designated place of safety" in its own right, and to be lauched in excessive weather is all well and good, its the recovery that would be a problem in sea exceeding 5+ metres, but that is why we are fitted with the latest navigation systems, communication systems, and medical equipment so if the situation should arise, we have the capacity to make it back to the nearest landfall.

Its people like you Crud that demean the project, and before you go blabbering on again, please be sure to actually know what it is you are waffling on about, because in this subject it is obvious to me that you dont.