PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Did You Fly The Vulcan?? (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2007, 08:59
tantalite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Squiffy (Bloody 24hr CCR!!)

When I arrived on the Goose, 2nd Jan 1971, Squiffy met me and looked after me. I had the room next door!! I remember buying some outragaeous trousers at the Hudson Bay Co. Think you had a Mini. But I know you had the first ever 8 track I saw and a CCR tape that played continually so much so I used to trip your room power switch.
I also got half of the flying schol. gave it back as a previous recipient was also awarded half to do his night rating... not very fair I thought.
Goose was great, I renewed my friendship with my old friend Nora last year electronically, but it went the way of the original. Nice to know she had survived and was OK.
Carnival was superb, the Bulldog was outstanding, skiing, sailing, snowmobiling. I remember Tony Bastable from Magpie coming out. Sqiff, Barry, Reg, Rod, Keith Squiffs eventual replacement Dave. We had a good time.
Tony Davis was OC Ops during my time, David Leith was the Unit OC later went on to Command the Tornado Conversion Unit at Cottesmore I believe. Can't remember the Eng Off but he was a bit of a Richard Cranium!
Got my PPL, joined the Rhodesian Air Force (44 Squadron connections!) spent most of my time in Africa after 2 years in Saudi, lost a few wives along the way but now still deal with MoD on a daily basis.
I remember those days with fondness, what are you up to now Squiffy!!