PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2007, 23:18
noooby

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
etienne t boy, perhaps you should ask Capt T to verify that he was in fact shipped home in considerable pain from his spider bite, instead of speculating. From discussions I've had with him, the level of medical cae was adequate, but he wanted to get back home and get it sorted. Closer to family, and he wasn't exactly doing a heck of a lot while he was off work was he?? Areta can be a boring place to be when you're not working, trust me!!!!!
How does the Bristow medical/dental plan stack up against the CHC plan?
My wife used to work for the largest health insurer in our home market, and she was astonished at the level of cover provided to employee AND family by CHC.
Personally, I'll forgo the biggest bucks to ensure I don't have to worry about health issues with either myself, or my family.
To stereotype, I would say (tongue firmly in cheek) that pilots generally shift jobs for money, and engineers generally shift jobs when they are concerned about safety. Curious that no engineers are shifting from CHC to Bristow, but they are going the other way. Curioser and curisoer.
Don't know how CHC is going to manage the forecast fleet expansion though. They have just enough to operate with what they have. The extra machines on the way are going to cause their workers a not inconsiderable amount of stress!!