PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Engine Scare
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2007, 02:45
cunninglinguist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not quite sure where to start with your post Remoak.

1) dead right, too many ppls and non pilots on this forum, from ur comments you either r in that category or should be

2) Bloggs, as with the captain in question, has forgotten more about Jet flying ( inc military ) than u could ever hope to know, come to think of it, I probably have too. The reason I say that is that someone with our sort of experience would'nt make the comments that you have.

3) If memory serves me, there are no recall memeory items for an engine failure in a 717. Definitely none for A320, and a good buddy of mine currently doing 737 command tells me that Boeing consider an engine failure to be a non normal. Engine fire/severe damage is obviously an emergency, I cant recall anyone here saying otherwise ( correct me if i'm wrong )

4) I think you contradict yourself, you said sarcastically " of course, single-engine go-arounds at heavy weights are just as safe as normal go-arounds, right? "
Yet I beleive you would have landed straight away, putting you in a situation of a possible S/E G/A at high weight? have I missed something ?

5) Danger of engine fire or anti icing, you put thses 2 things in a similar catagory Engine antice can be MELd to fly around the country with for a week ( avoiding icing conditions of course ) I'm pretty sure an engine fire is in a slightly different MEL catagory

6) QUOTE : And unless somebody can show me a checklist for a transport-category aircraft that doesn't include an engine failure as an "emergency", it IS one. The aircraft manufacturer thinks so, airlines think so, airports and their fire services think so, and the public think so.
Again, you show ur ignorance, the 2 major manufacturers, Boeing and Airbus ( not too mention McD douglas ) do not consider a straight engine failure to b in the same class as engine fire
As I pointed out above, Boeing and Airbus consider an engine failure an abnormal, you obviously think you know better than them, or you are comparing it to your cessna 402. ( or your flight sim 2000 )