PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Strips & good hotels in W France
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2007, 22:48
eyeinthesky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a little bit away from Chateau la Chassagne is Nuits St Georges airstrip. There is a small club there, and you need to get permission from the Town Hall (i think) in Dijon to land there. I did, and had a great time. We cleared customs and refuelled at Troyes but you can get fuel at N st G. No landing fees and very relaxed

Right next door (literally) is hotel Chateau de la Berchere. Excellent informal hotel in 17th century chateau with some great rooms. If you ring them they will give you the contact details of who to contact to get permission to land. I think he is a part-owner of the hotel as well!

No restaurant at the hotel but some good ones nearby in Nuits st Georges or the local area: ask Reception for recommendations, and they will also arrange very reasonable and informal car hire.

We were there in September and there are all the vineyards (Nuits St Georges, Gevrey Chambertin etc) to visit and Beaune is very chic with a walled town. Dijon 20 mins drive.

http://www.hotelchateauberchere.com/

I will try and find the address for landing permission when I get back from my night duty