PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 4
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2007, 22:56
onion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right lets get the record straight here, I said MME was busier than LBA in terms of movements, this is a fact you can't argue with the stats.
I did not say what type of movments because my point had nothing to do with the type of movement it was purely how busy MME is. Secondly I was using it as an example for not doing taxiway work during the summer, it was not a dig in anyway at LBA. Thirdly the traffic may not be generating loads of money but they are still movements that have to be taken into account by ATC. Fourthly the current taxiways at MME are in a shocking state, apart from the central taxiway they are limited on weight and width, the best and most sensible option is to put a parrallel taxiway in. Once this is in place aircraft will no longer have to backtrack all the time, resulting in efficency and savings for everyone.
I wish some of the posters on here read and actually understand a post before replying. It leads to embarrasment on all parts in the end.
On my part I will in future try and explain fully what I am trying to get at to minimise the risk of readers misinterpreting my posts.