PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future Carrier (Including Costs)
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2007, 16:10
LateArmLive

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Navaleye,
The Jags were given a very expensive upgrade including new engines and avionics, but were not used because it was "too hot". I have never heard of an FJ other than those that land vertically being restricted by this so I have to assume this is bo**ocks.
Well, that just about sums up how little you know about Fast Jets.

You seem surprised that the NSW won't be deploying on the carrier again this year (even though they've already spent just under two months on it in Apr/May). Maybe that's because they are due to go out to Afghanistan for another 4 months in the near future. I'm sure it will make you happy to hear that those pilots and maintainers will come back from Afghanistan and pretty much immediately deploy onto CVS for several weeks just as they are getting used to seeing their loved ones again.
I spoke to a colleague on the NSW yesterday after reading this thread, and he tells me he is expecting to spend 9 out of the next 13 months either on Ops or on the CVS. And you expect them to do more?
It is obvious you know very little of the situation at Cottesmore/Wittering, and are still stuck with your head in the days of the Sea Harrier.

I think you'll find it's the RN that has been the "disaster" for themselves. Tell me, why exactly is the NSW about 2/3 the size of the RAF Harrier Sqns? No doubt it's a crab conspiracy to see off the RN.....

Oh, and it's no doubt you've got the attitude you have if you take anything written by Sharkey as gospel.