PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Video released for Aust Army BlackHawk crash
Old 20th Jul 2007, 11:55
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
15 Kts downwind is well within the limits of the aircraft
and VRS I dare say, as one decreases AS to arrive at a full stop??

maybe the expectant mission profilers forgot to tell the airframe the story.

once again I say, a pilot being put in a position....not trained for.... need to go higher up the chain... I reckon .... again.

Nothing has been said here or in the other VRS loop about what is often needed to set off your instantaneous drop from the sky, known by some as VRS, by others as a f'n big fright.

That is the simple catalyst of a litlle bit of pitch to help generate that vortex at the critical time. A useful analagy could be the principle of cloud seeding with the use of an agent or catalyst, just to get the raindrops falling?? on my head, -- da dah

Mind you an oft repeated quick stop procedure until you plack in the face, but INTO WIND and thus done safely every time, would not teach anyone any bad tricks. Higher, higher up the chain guys.

TC with respect, I am confused, do you say at the beginning that captain 11 is an ace and then at the end a dill?

But you do intimate that the questioning is trying to trap him into the VRS scenario..
THAT is sad.
The court trying to trap a person into an admission, but not trying get him to reveal the truth instead.

What is this BOI I wonder, a kangaroo court???