PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Majory Injury - Opinions?
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2007, 10:58
Baritji

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I guess all I can say is..... wow!

If people are capable of flying after all those horrible injuries, that are so much worse than mine. I guess I shouldn't have too much trouble. I would love a class 1, and now feel rather confident that goal is attainable. Even if that would not be possible, I'd still be pretty happy cruising the sky with a PPL!

I guess an upside to not being able to fly at the moment, is that I will be able to save up a lot of money, and hopefully complete my training full time. It's a good chance to get the rest of the theory out of the way too.

Mad Dr - I haven't flown at all since my injury, but I can change gears in my car. I can't extend my fingers yet, but my thumb is fine, and I can pick up almost anything, if I can push it against the side of my forefinger with my thumb. It took me an hour, but I even managed to change a tyre the other day. I suppose that all I've heard about CASA while with Air Ngukurr and then Abo Air when I was an Ops assistant, has made me pretty paranoid when it comes to their regulations! Thanks for the brilliant offer too, I will certainly take you up on it if I ever get the chance.

I don't know how to thank you guys enough. This is something I have been worried about since it all happened, but now i feel.. well.. inspired! I have been doing a lot of reserach, but have found out more here in 24 hours, than I have in 9 months! I have ordered both of Allana Arnotts books, and the one about Doug Bader too... Can't wait to get stuck into 'em!!

A special thanks to those who were comfortable enough to share their own, similar experiences with me via PM.

Anyway, must be about time to hit the piss! Have a great night, and I'll update y'all on my progress!

Thanks again,

B