PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2007, 04:28
Lear70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Ishi, and thanks for the information.

To answer your question, no, I would only be interested in a command position. I have just shy of 10,000 hours total time, 5 type ratings, 4,500 PIC Turbine, previous B727 command as well.

On a different note, I don't know how they would preclude you purchasing business class ZED on OTHER carriers. I used to work for a ZED carrier, and my carrier had absolutely ZERO ability to limit my purchases of ZED passes on a DIFFERENT carrier in whatever class I desired to travel in. I simply went online, booked it over the internet site, and it was payroll deducted.

How does it work there? Do you have to request the passes through some type of pass bureau? Sounds like another detractor...

I'll probably stay put, but it was tempting for a bit. In my current position I'll probably never see widebody international, and the Japanese/Asian culture in general is fascinating to me, has been since childhood... If I wasn't married I might go for it anyway, but I'd need to get back stateside regularly.

Maybe in 20 years when I'm burnt out here they'll have changed enough there to make it worth a jump in my last 5 years before retirement.