PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Airline in Bahrain
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2007, 15:14
GAME OVER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the Bahrain government at some point may declare Gulf Air bankrupt and liquidate the company, however, I contend that the reorganization is the company's best chance of survival-- if it becomes profitable, efficient and self-sustaining, then why kill it, unless it is based on some "black hand" factors?

The new management in GF are definitely straggling at this stage to meet their target for this year specially after the introduction of the new wave system which affected our on-time departures very much in addition to that the technical issues that they never found a real solution to solve them for a simple reason is that they can’t afford to keep aircrafts on the ground specially during this season (high season) unless it is very obvious (e.g. aircraft corrosion) and it has been noticed defects will appear in-flight which were MDD’s that were cleared prior to departure by carrying out resets and tests to prevent the aircraft from being grounded as the MDD’s is about to expire (NO REAL INVESTIGATION) .. etc etc

I don’t want to deviate from the main issue, but GF CEO announced that his plan will bring the airline back profitability in 2 years… do you really think that this could be achieved with this sort of operation???? (I’ll leave it to you to figure out)

What I can see that Ajwaa & Bahrain Air will take over at some stage whether there is a plan to bankrupt GF or GF goes bankrupt due to mismanagement.