PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2007, 14:24
theamrad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alemaobaiano - very often how the issue of how safety and regulatory matters play out is influenced so some degree or other by ‘political’ or economic interests. I don’t think there’s any harm in bringing that into the discussion here, if, as you believe, there is an agenda at work. While most people here probably would rather not engage in wild speculation in the absence of known facts – It’s probably useful for the rest of us to know about it – especially if an agenda is at work at an official level – as opposed to general sensationalism/incompetence demonstrated by SOME of the media which many have come to expect as routine.

Rippa – you’ve mentioned about depth measurements being taken – do you know about the status of friction measurements – esp in consideration of the new surface and possible deposit build-up?

Broadreach – I noticed the same thing on the video – but I had thought it was more likely to have been the initial impact off the runway – followed a little later by the larger fire.

Centaurus – therein lies the logic of Mr. B’s advice – but then imminent contact with a hard object previously unseen………