PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2007, 13:50
Jose lourenco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi folks! This is my first post.
First I’d like to add that is too early to speculated about “the probably causes”. Let’s say a prayer for all those poor souls.
I remember when we operated L188 in Shuttle Service back in the 80`s. (Those are the day when the sex was safe and the aviation dangerous…). You could stop a L188 using only the revs… 30 years and no a single accident… No auto brake, no antiskid, no spoilers, no EFIS, no GPS, no fly by wire, only the old stick and rudder and basic T…
Then came the new high-tech jets, and the “wall” becomes higher and narrow… Special type rating for landing in SDU (the CGH`s counter part in Rio de Janeiro), restrictions for F/o operation, a more restrictive MEL…
The deregulation stats a fierce battle for the shuttle service easy money.
They called this progress…
Please, allow me some opinions:
1. The airlines will continue to operate in CGH BECAUSE passengers want to arrive in downtown, BECAUSE, São Paulo, like any others large cities in Brazil lack of an efficient and safe mass transportation linking the main airport and downtown, BECAUSE the “authorities” understand isn’t your problem, BECAUSE the people that elected the “authorities” do not give a dam….
2. I’ve been a “Boeing Field Boy” since I left L188`s, and I knew that the best airplane is that one that pays your bills, but now flying A320`s is it the first time that I see a performance table that takes the revs in account for landing distance calculation. YOU CAN LAND A 777 WITH A VREF LOWER THAN A A321.
3. That tragedy has been announced for long time…
4. It will not be the last.
Ps. Who knows the guy in charge for measure the 3mm water layer on the runway?