PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tax Return for CIR Training
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2007, 13:36
Peter Fanelli

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
C-R

I tend to disagree on that. Certainly an employer will be responsible (should be) for renewals but I don't think you can really hit them with the tab for the initial issue of the rating. That's part of getting your qualifications together. Would you go to an operator with PPL and expect them to pay for your CPL?
In my opinion a pilot aiming for a career is responsible for training at least to CPL level, a Command Instrument rating,an initial Multi Engine endorsement and initial instructor rating if you choose to go that route. After all, why would an employer be expected to take a risk hiring a pilot who cannot show proof that he can fly instruments and can handle a multi engine of some kind, be it a Duchess, Cougar, Seminole, Seneca and the like. Back in my day my first twin was the Cougar and I flew it at my expense to build multi time. Only when it was sold did I find a need to get a Seneca endorsement so I could continue to build my hours. They were the only M/E endorsements I ever paid for.

Apart from that, I agree with you. People buying their own endorsements on jets and so on suck.