PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 4
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2007, 12:38
carbheathot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There probably isn't one easy solution, there are too many factors at play,
I'm highly critical of Globespan, (they messed up my trip) .But I don't suggest that is totally the fault of the Airport, the many threads on Globespan seem to indicate this is an operator who has grown too quickly, and hasn't neccessarily got the hang of it all yet.
However one major issue is that Peel have spun this airport development plan up its own backside, and I believe that Thomson, BMI, maybe now Globespan have latched on to this.There seems to be no prospect of serious money being spent by the owners at EGNV in the near or even medium term future and this will naturally deter Airlines from developing routes.Add to this minor domestic houskeeping issues like ATC staffing problems.Then look at the demographics of the area and it's very hard to see real growth in the face of the opposition "up the road" and "down 't mottoway"
I've said before Peel Holdings are first and foremost a property developer and Teesside is a good flat site, with two neighbouring councils who are both wondering where the next big development will come from.