PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying Experience with Ken Andrews
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2007, 11:09
mebro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Top bloke indeed

Top Bloke indeed I had the pleasure of Mr. Andrews doing all my tests from GFPT thr to C-IR were good fun didnt really feel like a test flight except for my GFPT on return to BK circuit area when I stuffed up the glide approach and was told sternly got one more go at it if I wanted to get through, ofcourse summoned up all my skills at that time to perform and I managed to (still remember the flight...was a work out) and then the rest of the tests were a breeze.

Yes he does like his seista's (I am sure I read about a reasearch saying seistas are good for yah) and he is sure to ask u where are we/u, if he is happy back to his seista the other side I haven't experienced. During my ppl test on the way to crookwell he wakes up and asks the famous question, I go so and so he quietly took his wac from his bag looks at it then asked me are u sure (I paused and analysed it for a few sec and said yes I am sure) and he continued on with his seista..was a slight relief I was headed the right way ..smiles.....

I also had the pleasure of being the observent of other things during my later stages of flight test which unfortunately I cant quite talk about here....fun flights indeed never was a test flight really.

I have to say he does not talk much of his flying exp unless you specifically ask him, on one such occasion I did learn he hates Bananas, curious as I was asking the question why, he replied I was shot down in PNG once and with a lilttle smile he said bananas was his only diet for three months while hiding in the jungles, occasionally when passing through a village he said he used to have rice

Another occassion after an overaseas stint I ran into him in Sydney during a CASA seminar and I told him I am on my way to Horn for a short stint and he said that used to be his old playground, he was saying many a times he would be ferrying aeroplanes(dont remember the types he mentioned) from the mainland to PNG and overnighting @ horn before flying further north.

All the best wishes to him and I am sure he is kickin well although I havent seen him in a good part of 3/4 yrs now.

AussieMav if u run into him do say hello ..do u have an upcoming test with him ????

Go well Mr. Andrews

Best Regards
R