PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Formula for lift: Question
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2007, 11:03
BGRing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the link. That thing has me buged also.

I dont dispute the Phenomenon. just the Explanation of what is happening.
untill recently I would have said something like the following;

has anyone ever tested the Airpressure measured as a particle traveling through said Venturi. (IE not from a Port on the wall of the tube. where the port could have particle removed from it by the stream)

IE
have a Pressure guage on a neutraly boyant ballon float through the tube (Increase the length of tube) same for Water.

Personaly. I am Not beleiving the pressure difference.

I belive there is Equality in the tube. (Its is relativly neutral inside, as a ballon floats through it is relative to the air, without dynamic energy)

Show me a Specific example of why you think there is a pressure difference. and I could explain (Without math) why it appears that way.

friction and attraction with a little bumping in general direction. think of these when you look at every example of the measuring methods of a Venturi. (Thing is it works. IE the Venturi tube dose draw air liquid etc into the stream. but I'm not sure it is pressure difference.
But recently. I am Leaning toward just accepting the Pressure difference Explanation. well almost

Seen wiki and nasa and plenty other sites. seen Bernoulli water device and it all seams to be explainable in another way to me. Look at the Scram jet. dose air pressure drop at the Point of Squish ? ... More investigating by be and some more reprograming of my current Physics modle inside my head may be needed

Oh. I was good at math. but only when I understand the Reason for performing the calculations. (Never did calculus or Dont remeber it, Never did Physics either... and kinda did bad in English. and My spelling never improved either. But ... Spelling and Math is not everything. though they can be applyed to everything : )