PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue EBA II (Poll)
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2007, 23:43
737NG_Girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vb_girl
If we get a shabby EBA proposal the second time round with above 90% union membership, we can most certainly conclude that the union isn't listening or looking after it's members.
My major concern was the fact that the union strongly recommended an EBA that was, at best, a complete insult - at worst, well I will let you use your imagination to come up with any number of appropriate adjectives.

Unfortunately the S/H FAAA lacks a lot of credibility & integrity amongst crew. Ask anyone who has been with VB for longer than a year or two. If they are not a member - ask them why - funnily enough you will hear the same Name and the same reasons mentioned quite frequently. Unfortunately that in itself is a double-edged sword, as the individual in question is now employed by VB working directly against the unions - so having this individual working against the FAAA, combined with reduced membership numbers because of this individual's defection from the FAAA to VB, just strengthens VB's position in the negotiations. The FAAA has a lot of integrity to re-build, and its going to take a long time to do so.

Many years ago in a previous life I heard a saying to the effect of "the best EBA's are the ones where both parties walk away feeling they got screwed". Lets hope we at least get a palatable offering this time around - and for god's sake, ditch those new work rules! As long as they are there, this EBA has much less chance of getting through. Pineapple, anyone?