PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Falklands Gurkha betrayed
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2007, 23:35
November4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had a reply from James Gray (North Wilts) today. He passed my letter onto the Home Secretary and passed it onto the India, Sri Lanka and Nepal Desk, Visa Customer Services..!

Thank you for your letter on behalf of your constituent, November4, regarding the refusal of entry clearance to Lance Cpl Rai (Rtd) to settle in the United Kingdom.

I appreciate your constituent's concern regarding this case and the situation facing ex-Gurkha's in general. Unfortunately, due to our obligations under the Data Protection Act, we are unable to divulge information relating to individual clearance applications to third parties, such as member of the public, without signed consent of the applicant.

I am sorry I cannot give you more positive news but hope this clarifies matters.

Richard Biscoe
Now can the flying can this clarify the situation when they say they can't tell me anything because of Data Protection?????

James Gray said in his covering letter that he will continue to speak up for Gurkhas and ex-Gurkhas in Parliament