PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is VMO an absolute aerodynamic limit ?
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2007, 16:26
AirRabbit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A VERY interesting exchange of facts, gentlemen (ladies?)… thanks much to all of you for that.

Of course, while I don’t know for sure the reason behind Kiwiguy’s original question, I would assume it was due to the significant contrast between JL’s reputation together with his absolute statements about the fact that airplanes simply could not have been involved in the 9/11 crashes (i.e., the airplanes wouldn’t have been able to stay in one piece – of course, I think his comments are primarily limited to the AA77 crash at the Pentagon) AND the “official” US government’s claims that this is exactly what happened. JL also is of the opinion that a “novice” pilot, like the one alleged to have been at the controls of AA77, simply could not have flown the airplane the way it would have to have been flown to match the government’s story - reference Kiwiguy’s quotes in his July 6th quotes of JL’s comments.

I’ll not go into the details of the “strange” theories that JL offers to counter the governments claim that AA77 struck the Pentagon. Suffice it to say that I, too, have had an opportunity to exchange “opinions” with JL, and have come away with much the same opinion as BelArgUSA. Up to this exchange I was completely unaware of his claims regarding UFOs, but, and without trying to offer specific criticisms of JL, that knowledge does explain a lot of what may be behind some of his “fringe” 9/11 theories.