PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Priority Pass lounges - any good?
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2007, 14:54
knobbygb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Priority Pass lounges - any good?

I'm going on a fairly lenghty trip to the far east/australia over the winter, involving about 10 to 12 flight sectors and to try to make life more comfortable I was looking at purchasing a lounge access pass as some of my layovers are 5 or 6 hours, often at very busy airports.

Priotity Pass seems to have a large number of lounges - certainley covering everywhere I'll be flying and it works out at about £12 per visit when I purchase 10 passes in advance.

I was suprised not to find a specific thread here on this subject. Anyone got any views or recommendations? Are they any good (I assume they vary a bit)? The only lounges I've previously used have been BA Club and First - I'm not expecting anything up to this standard, but at most of their locations they advertise showers, free alcohol and internet access - the three things I need most other than somewhere to relax and nap.

Some seem to charge for alcohol while others have a 2 or 3 hour time limit, but this is stated in the descriptions. My most important location is DXB where I'll be spending 5 hours in each direction - right in the middle of the overnight rush.

Is this the way to go, or does anyone have better suggestions for other schemes?

Thanks