PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Neighbours war with wounded soldiers families
Old 18th Jul 2007, 14:43
Winco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have just put the phone down following a lengthy conversation with the case officer who is dealing with this deplorable affair. I asked her what was needed to influence the council in making their decision and was advised as follows:

1. Counter any argument suggesting an increase in road traffic
2. Counter any argument pertaining to 'degrading' the area because of its change of use, or changing the charachter of the lane. Also counter the 'detrimental' effect it will have on the ambiance of the lane.
3. Counter any argument regarding the request to install wheelchair ramps - quote the Disability Act whereby it is an offence to discriminate against disabled people.
4. Argue the need for our service men and women to have family close at hand on their return from the Gulf or wherever, and for their continued recovery.

The lady also said that she (they) had received a great many letters of support for SSAFA, so please keep the letters and e mails coming.

Take a look at the links on the earlier pages and see the 2 letters of objection from Mr & Mrs Mander and also Helen & Mark McGaugh. Read them carefully and base your comments directly against what they claim to be the problems. Try NOT to get emotive - it isn't easy, but emotion won't win the day! I want to write to these folks and tell them how utterly ashamed I am of them and suggest that honest, fair minded and responsible service families are better than a bunch of yobs that could purchase the property, but to date I have refrained. The bottom line is that we must be objective in our comments and counter the objections that have been raised.

Finally, might I just ask if anyone has considered putting this on the 10 Downing Street Petition site? I don't know how to do it otherwise I would take it on, but I do think it's worth considering.

We must NOT let a handful of self-opinionated aroles get away with this. It a thanks to our servicemen and women that people like this are able to voice their objections in this country. We must not lose this one people - keep up the good work and write your letter to:

Mr Clive Smith or Ms Lesley Westphal
Planning Department
MOle Valley District Council
Pippbrook
Surrey RH4 1SJ

The Winco