PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue EBA II (Poll)
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2007, 13:55
vb_girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Has the S/H FAAA given you any indication that they are listening to what you did not like about your rejected EBA?
Lowerlobe, I can only hope they are listening. If union membership numbers amongst VB cabin crew were stronger during the negotiation process for this next EBA, the company may be more inclined to listen and possibly meet the demands made by the union.

If I remember correctly (please correct me if I am wrong), membership was about 60% during the last negotiation process and the document we were given was voted down by 89% of crew. With such low union membership numbers, the company is in a great position as industrial action by only 60% of crew is a much better prospect than industrial action by 90-95% of crew.

If the 89% that voted no actually joined the union for round 2, we might stand a better chance at improving our conditions. If we get a shabby EBA proposal the second time round with above 90% union membership, we can most certainly conclude that the union isn't listening or looking after it's members.