PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Message to Danny re those long, looooong threads...
Old 26th Sep 2000, 09:03
Wiley

Post Message to Danny re those long, looooong threads...

Danny, I know you use proprietary software as the basis of this site. Would it be possible to have a chat to the software creators to see if they can't come up with some settings (or whatever the correct technospeak term is) to default the opening page of a multi page thread to the last (most current) page?

I don't mean reversing the order of posts. (I know that's been suggested and rejected before.) All I mean is when you open a multi page thread, it opens at the most current page rather than at page 1. Then, if the reader wants/needs to look back to earlier posts, he can do so as required.

I’ve posted this on the public forum rather than e-mailing you to see if anyone else out there agrees that it is a good idea. I know you’ll move it to Aircrew Notices or somewhere else as it’s certainly not a rumour, but thought it might bet a better airing on the main Rumours page if you leave a copy of this original post behind when you move it.