PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Interviewing round 2
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2007, 10:58
goddamit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
knackered & others, I agree...my previous quote about management mindset must change will happen over time, & it will! As competition for desired candidates increases so will the package attractiveness. It can never be pressured on the individual. Most these days will see a lifestyle improvement beyond their own history in aviation if they score their job. In other words they could see a command on a jet within 8 yrs. A few yrs ago that figure was as low as 2 yrs. Times are very good for the up & coming these days, however this will all slow down soon enough & then the tide will turn with improved conditions again(including the edorsement paying). Its not right to pay for training, but let's put in financial terms for discussion. I spent about 100k in my training over 8yrs prior to the majors. This included everything & self funded. Many share my experience here. Another 25k(or 25% more) for a near guarranteed jet command within a few years is not a high price to pay. Salary increase will pay for this within less than a year. A small price to pay.
However yes it is not right to have to pay for it, the company should, but these are the times we live in, & the market is still competitive. Just the hours looked at is dropping. Oz will be a country involved in the MCL. I shudder at this thought but for all ATPL holders out there this could lead to better packages for holding an ATPL rather than th MCL.(sorry for deviating from the topic). Again this is yet another time to live in we are yet to experience.

By the way good luck to all guys /girls going to interviews.