PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Article by COLUM KENNY of the Irish Independent.
Old 18th Jul 2007, 09:19
Colum Kenny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More abuse

More anonymous abuse, this time from Heidelberg, who like quite a few others appears to disregard the PPruNe forum rule that reads, "Be Courteous! Don't attack others. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully... without insult and personal attack."

He/she might read what I actually said and what the earlier contributor requested. I could not agree "to quote her/him at length and in full", nor give him an opportunity "to approve my article in advance'. This is a usual and practical professional postition.

However, it is also a normal courtesy to read back a specific quotation that one intends to use if the person requests one to do so. It is just such different circumstances to which Heidelberg appears to refer in his/her own case.

Perhaps those aviation professionals on this site who feel so agitated about alleged journalstic bad practice should do something about it, auch as have their professional bodies organise an event at which it could be addressed in a balanced fashion.