PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Poor Qantas repairs spark grounding call
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2007, 01:25
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am no heavy jet LAME, and while I am an engineer, even as an emergency repair in an industrial automation application, we would never ever even come up with the idea of staples.

How on earth is this even conceived.

I am horrified to say the least. Do we have flight controls repaired with fencing wire, or someones boot laces? how about fuel lines clamped with a twist tie off your sandwich bag. Ohhh yeah thats bloody funny Jabawocky nobody would dream of doing that..........but we have staples in emergency lighting tracks.

Of course these were staples, Insulation Dislacement staples, perfectly safe under STC ######.

And lowerelobe, do you like the last two lines..........
Civil Aviation Safety Authority spokesman Peter Gibson said there were no plans to ground Qantas aircraft and that CASA was satisfied with maintenance standards in Singapore.

He said CASA had conducted an SIAEC audit in March.
CASA need a major reaming up the exhaust pipe for this. I know a bloke who privately flew (and signed the MR) mistakenly a few days after an AD required his rudder pedals to be inspected, the job was done a few days later, no problem, but for the sake of an oversight of a day or two, they tried fining him $15K and the threat of a holiday at a Government run Hotel!

I thought BB was going to sort out this kind of BS

J