PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Just want an opinion from current pilots
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2007, 20:38
CAT3C AUTOLAND

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G-HALE,

This really is not something to be concerned about. The thing you will find throughout your training it is not as clear cut as you may think. Remember, along the way you are going to meet alot of different people and experience different things.

The bottom line for all pilots to employers, is do they meet the requirements, i.e. are all the ticks in the right boxes, where you did your training is of little relevance.

One thing you have to appreciate, which I am sure you do already, is that, you and a fair number of other people will have the same licence and the same experience, and at the end of the day it is a competition. My advice to you is try and think beyond what you will do once you have finished your training to help gain your experience. You may walk straight into an airline job, however that does seem to happen to a minority of people.

When I joined my first airline I had just under 1000 hours, and having that extra experience gave me something to talk about at the interview .

Good luck with it mate.

With regard to what Phil said, there are VERY few airlines, if any, that will not take you from not doing your training all at one school.