PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light aircraft static altimeter max permisible tolerance on ground?
Old 17th Jul 2007, 18:22
slim_slag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Captain Punishment
Yes chaps the aircraft in question is G registered so FAA rules would not really apply
The AIM isn't a rule book. It's really a book of good advice, of which quite a lot could be considered relevant to non US ops, so it would apply (unless you don't like taking advice )

Of course if you are flying on an FAA certificate, you fail to follow the advice and have an accident, the FAA could come after you for being 'careless and reckless'. But for your purposes the advice about altimeters should be considered applicable. IMO. Altimeters work the same way all over the world, and the one you are using was probably made and certified in the USA anyway.

But as I asked earlier, if anybody has a reference to 50ft then that would be interesting too. Nobody has as yet delivered. Until they do, and it's in a CAA document, then I suggest that the AIM reference I provided you is the best ammunition you have got.