PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Middle East lost its golden touch!!
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2007, 16:27
555orange

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just cruising the prune to see whats going on in the ME. Wow..nothing has changed! Just a few years ago I was parousing the market for some work and considered come over there, but in the end I decided against it. Funny thing is, the companies were so desparate, one hired over the phone and even though I turned it down they still sent me the airline ticket to come over! I just pitched it. Next I came to Doha to check out Qatar. Wow...an eye opener. They forgot about our arrival and we were lost at the airport for hours trying to contact someone! Then the interview was .. how can I say...just rude! Not even a "thanks for coming" or "how was your flight over". The arrogance was amazing. And Emirates? You have to pay to come over on your own for an interview? Ha! Like thats gonna happen. I guess if your strategy is to go straight to the bottom of the barrel to find the guys who cant get jobs anywhere else..then thats a great strategy! Wot a laugh mates! To be real, a job is a job, and lets be grateful for it...but the good news is the market is a little bit in our favour right now. Its just hard to keep moving around eh!