PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Neighbours war with wounded soldiers families
Old 17th Jul 2007, 13:05
air pig

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
I have only read the first three letters of objection, and I am filled with anger. These individuals obviously have NO contact with HM. Forces. Are none of their friends or family in the forces ?? Maybe a coach trip to Headley Court or Selly Oak would concentrate their minds, seeing the state that personnel repatriated back to the UK are in with their injuries. Those who are injured are reported in the media as injured, no extent is ever given and then are forgotten by everyone except their family and friends and those who care for them.

The people in Headley Court deserve our help, not the small minded attitude shown by these people. These individuals obviously care more for their social status and position in society and not have to risk even looking at someone who has been grieviously injured in the service of the Crown.

SSAFA should use all means to push for this accomodation, maybe ppruners who we care deeply about this subject should write to the Council Chief Executive putting forward their views in a robust manner.

This is nimbyism at its worst.

I am left disgusted and speechless by this attitude.