PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES - Crew Discussions
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2007, 09:51
SkyHighFlyGal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Good evening, "colleagues"! I can officially say that now, as I have just received my start date of October 12, and I seriously cannot wait until I can get it started!

I have a few questions in anticipation of my start date that I was hoping some people might be able to help with?

1 - With the trips you get, would you say you MOSTLY get trips away (involving overnights) or mostly return trips, say to India and back? What proportion of layover trips or day return trips would be in a typical roster?

2 - With the trip allocation, if I am from Australia, will they mostly roster me for Australian flights? I have been living in Hong Kong for the last 5 years (although I am Aussie) and am really hoping I will be able to bid for trips to Hong Kong, USA etc. Will such requests often be rejected in favour of 'country of origin' trips?

3 - I understand we receive luggage as part of our joining package. Do you think I would be better to bring my things over in boxes rather than suitcases (if I am going to be provided with brand new suitcases when I get there, I probably won't need extra suitcases, will i?)

4 - Do EK have a hotel contract with a particular chain that they usually stay in? (eg - I know with Virgin Blue (my old employer), they usually stay in the Holiday Inn if there is one)

5 - When I come over, can I bring food into dubai? What about when I go on trips, am I allowed to bring packaged or fresh food into the country? When I was living in Hong Kong, I would often bring back meat and cheese from Australia because it was really expensive to buy in HK, and the quality was much better in Aus - is this allowed in Dubai?

6 - Regarding ladies' grooming for nails - do most have acrylic nails on? Or are well manicured natural nails acceptable?

7 - Can I bring alcohol into Dubai, either as a pax or crew member? I love Australian/NZ wine...

8 - I know this seems trivial, but I was just wondering... are UAE bathrooms similar in lay out to Western bathrooms? (ie - a bath, shower, basin etc?) I had a rather surprising cultural experience going to japan recently, their bathrooms are completely different. What are bathrooms like in Dubai?

9 - Are there rules against taking antidepressant medication? I have in the past taken them, as I occasionally suffer from depression and wondered if I can bring them in with me, if a doctor certifies my need for them. Or would you suggest I don't, as the company would frown on it?

Ummm..... That's all I can think of for now.... many many thanks for those who are willing and able to help this newbie!

SHFG

Last edited by SkyHighFlyGal; 18th Jul 2007 at 07:20.