PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Delta B767 in multiple bird strike
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2007, 09:21
DownIn3Green
Person Of Interest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nigel...you are 100% correct...the sim is for realistic scenarios, not the double (or triple in my case) engine failure shortly after TO. However, I have had instructors load me up with so many inprobable failures (multiple engine failures, system A and B inop, loss of pressurization and cabin fire, etc) that the only option is being the first at the scene of the accident...when that happens I welcome it because it's always in the last 30 minutes of the recurrent, and when things go that bad, I know I've all ready requalified for another 6 months....again....

Slinks...thanks for your insight, I agree, a job well done that most of us will never encounter in our careers...It has happened before, however with a tragic outcome...Eastern lost an Electra at Boston due to ingestion of starlings in 3 of the 4 engines...having said that, does anyone ever think you're flying a revenue trip today where any emergency could happen, then tomorrow you go to the sim for your 6 month and they give you a few "practice" trys before the eval?

What if it happened the day before?...

That Delta crew didn't get a "practice" before taking off from Rome, and on July 23rd, I hope they don't need on when they take me from Moscow to Atlanta....