PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is your take-home pay at the end of the month?
Old 17th Jul 2007, 09:17
Wessexman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RAF FLT LT-21 Years Service. Proffessional (?!?) Aviator Spine level 30.
£3 784.96 Net PCM (including £30 uniform tax relief). Pay is abated by 7% to pay for Final Salary pension (based on 70ths), plus contribution towards cost of travelling to work (13.45 per day for a 120 mile round trip), plus operational allowance (about £12/day-when serving sausage side).

Minus £25 per month mess bill,(don't even use it!), and £35 /month(for 40k cover) loss of license. (contraversial I know this next bit) Minus my immediate pension that I would be getting if having left at sensible age (bugger)(13k per year til 55-then 18 k til 65 then 23k at 65)-the gratuity of 70k tax free.

Flying 650-700 hours / year (complete guess 'cos I don't know what is happening at work with me today-let alone in the next week/month/year!)-flew 70/65 in last 2 months. At least 3500-4000 duty hours per year.

Some really excellent people to work with-but also some complete knobs-old ac-no spares-the longest red and green page list I have ever seen in a 700. No strategic organisation-no concept of operating effectively, on time and within a budget-cost cutting that saves pennies to then have to spend hundreds of thousands of pounds-a company that has lost it's way.

As honest appraisal of the RAF T&C's as I can muster.