PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue EBA II (Poll)
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2007, 06:25
vb_girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Join the Union.

The sad reality is that the Virgin Blue will not listen to union demands unless the vast majority of crew are members. At present membership is around 60% and the stronger our union membership is, the more likely we are to get what we want.

We all know about the conditions some of the older Qantas crew enjoy due to their historically strong union membership and unless we band together and show our support by joining the union before this next EBA is drawn up, then we are definitely not going to get what we want.

There is a reason why trainers aren't allowed to mention union membership to new inductees and why the company doesn't allow the union to enter our crew rooms to discuss membership with us.

My union membership is in and I will remain a member until the next EBA is negotiated. If you want a better bargaining position, better conditions and the company to listen to the union because it represents over 90% of Virgin Blue employees, then join the union

I've seen the membership forms on top of the drop file cabinets, grab one or visit the website to join.