PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Free training in Denmark
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2000, 21:11
Flathatter

Unhappy

Keep sticking your head in the sand, Hung Start.
No other large, international airline has commuters and mainline on the same list. Some may have a flow-through program, but that´s an entirely different thing. So what if SC is a ¨sister company¨. And if you think anybody getting hired today will make left seat this side of 2015, you obviously haven´t looked very closely at the list. It´s simple math. You add up the retirements and figure in expansion (5% p.a. or what have you). The 15 year AF guy, or any other newhire, has not only all the mainline FO´s in front of him (as he should) but also every single SC pilot. Off course you think the list is a good thing, you got 250 extra guys behind you, just like that.
And if you have been paying attention, you´ll know that ALPA just recently resoundingly rejected a similar attempt at Delta. The only two votes for, were -not surprisingly- cast by the commuter guys.
As for the year-of-hire thing, it´s got nothing to do with this issue. You´re laying smoke screens, Hung Start. You can attempt to ridicule me and try to convince people that I don´t know what I´m talking about. Knock yourself out. A potential applicant doesn´t have to be very smart to figure out that SAS is giving him a hosejob when it comes to seniority, courtesy of the union. The guys at the recruiting office are allready noticing. Ask them.
I´m sure most of the employees think SAS is a terrific place to work. But if you´re anything other than a 300hr wonder, you´ll be an old man before you upgrade.