PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Interviewing round 2
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2007, 02:24
Gnadenburg

Received 97 Likes on 42 Posts
There is truth in what you say Gnadenberg. I don't believe it should be the "norm" for pilots to pay for ratings and I am sure this will change as demand overtakes supply.
I expect it to fall over everywhere but Australia. Domestic flying will be further dumbed down.

Inflationary pressures will possibly be felt first in less glamorous places such as the regionals- anecdotal suggests this has occurred in Europe.

Geez haven't seen your moniker for yonks - been on sabbatical or something??
Nice lateral thinking (or gentle stirring of the pot, whatever your preference) - as usual!
The first few years in an airline were the financially formative ones. If you compound paying for the endorsement it's unfortunate without going into specifics or missed investment cycles. Too bad. So sad I suppose.

Trouble is, the same guys that get attracted to the meagre returns of low cost aviation will in the future probably behave like coolie trash on the open market.

Did you know some of your former colleagues are sexing up their EK packages with fanciful numbers including million dollar retainers?

Professional due dilligence should be an encouraged topic of discussion in Virgin Blue.