PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Free training in Denmark
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2000, 19:15
Nite_Flite

Wink

Well Guyes...I withdraw my sour grapes comment.
TowerDog...what I mean is that, when I got my FAA license, there were a lot of subjets that were not covered. FAA guyes told me that, subejcts such as high level met, astronav, longrange planning would be covered later by the majors.
When I returned to Europe and went for my ATPL, it was much more complicated and time consuming than the FAA license.

Well if the unions at SAS allow another company to be bought and then give the new pilots senority credit from their old company, I would probably never want to work at SAS. Does management put their people in the unions? I heard that not to far back cadetpilots sued the company for something..

I can understand you can't give someone credit for airforcetime or and other time. It HAS to be first in last out...

15-20, 9, 12 years. There are many opinons about the RHS time. Would it be fair to assume that the guyes who were hired 10 years ago, are still F/O because of the crisis between 1990 and 1995, and the guyes beeing picked up today will have a much shorter time in the right hand side.

I was also unemployed once...done that, didn't like it...so better RHS in an airline with 20 years upgrade time that LHS in a yellow cab..

[This message has been edited by Nite_Flite (edited 28 August 2000).]