PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe recruiting
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2007, 18:16
Rollerboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I put this down on another thread about Flybe but will do so here just incase any of you didn't see it:

YAWN - YAWN - YAWN
I read the same old yarns about most airlines on this site. Some enjoy there time and some hate there time at, funnily enough the airline they signed on the line to work for.
But please remember that this is the wannabes forum so I am guessing the questions are coming from low houred pilots however answers are coming from pilots with a little to a lot more hours.
I am by no means an experienced pilot BUT would just like to remind all those with 1000 + hours and the ability to move to whichever airline will take them, a couple of things:

1. Think back when you were looking for the job with low hours. FLYBE were perfect then, hard work but hours increasing on a glass cockpit Tprop. Regional flights but many rotations per hour. Good for the CV.

2. I guess you will have snatched any job that presented itself regardless of terms and conditions, beggers can't be choosers. Job offer Good for the Bank.

3. No initial outlay just a bond, I for one would never have been able to shell out for a TR. Good for the Bank.

4. Excellent trainers at Flybe that provide fair and realistic training. Good for the Future.

5. Once you have the experience the chance to move onto something with underslung jets or move on with all the above under your belt. Seems like many have done that, but ask yourself this would you have been offered the chance without the time at Flybe. Excellent for the Future.

What I am trying to say is beauty is in the eye of the beholder, it depends on your experience and stage in aviation.

Finally if you get the call for a sim ride with flybe or any other airline for that matter I wish you all the luck in the world.
Roller