PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Dragonair? This is how it is now
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2007, 16:23
555orange

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Lowkoon...Not racing you to the bottom of anything.

I suppose the you should trade jobs with one of the boys from "Bangladesh". Boy would they be happy. Or better yet...why don't we lobby for the Bangladesh boys to get a raise??

There is no denying the fact that my company and Dragon could be better...but my points still stand. Hong Kong is not a bad place...if you have a problem with it .. then you are definitely in the wrong place. You don't want your kids in the local education system, and you definitly want the benefit of private health care.

I am, by the way intimitely knowledgeable about Hong Kong and flying over there. I did it for 3 years. And it wasn't that bad. In fact the work is remarkably almost the same. So...I am comparing apples to apples. I have the same job you have now...and I used to have...in N America. I just wish I still had that low tax rate, the house allowance, the 13 month pay, the 15.5% pension payment up front, private health care, and 90% paid private school for my kids.

If you dont like it so much over there, then why don't you vote with your feet! All the N. American carriers are hiring again...sounds like you belong over here ... not over there.

Ohhh...but then you will be complaining about the same things I am now!!