PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Interviewing round 2
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2007, 14:32
knackeredII

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
galdian,

Don't quite get what point you're trying to make.

The problem as I see it, and it it's a big one, is that troops have become conditioned in Oz to accepting paying for your endorsement as the norm. Whether or not I'm from the 'traditional' system is irrelevant. What's relevant is that management is screwing the staff because they can. Do they pay for their on the job training once in the company? I think not! Do the secretaries pay for their improvement courses whilst on the job? Do the baggage handlers pay for their training after joining the company? Do the LAMEs pay for their qualifications and tickets as they earn them? I think not!

So why do we feel that we should be paying for ours just because they say we must?

You misunderstand me. I'm not asking individuals to say no. I'm just asking you to see that this is not the norm. This is an abomination brought on by exploitive management practices which are a product of the times and confined to only a few countries, it is certainly not the norm elsewhere.

Management practices of the last 10 to 15 years has all been about taking money from the pocket of workers and lining their own pockets with the proceeds. I've been around long enough to observe the different approaches of different generations of management and the current generation is by far the worst.

Don't get me wrong, galdian. I'm on your side.