PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The B737 Landing Roll - F/O handling and Captain Hovering..
Old 16th Jul 2007, 13:44
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excellent, and since it is now a briefed item, the First Officer can now release control to the CA, much more civilized than " my airplane" or "I have control".
Nonsense! There's an undercurrent of 'prima donna-ism' running through this thread. It's quite simple. On the Captain's call of 'I have control', as the co-pilot, you simply take your hands off and reply 'you have control'. As simple as that! It may leave the co-pilot with the feeling of not having quite completed his procedure, but that's that. I take over when I see the exit I want to make and I know how to achieve it. The co-pilot does not need to plan anything or complete anything, just let go- nothing more. It is no longer his responsibility to complete the landing roll.

Briefings are long enough and complicated enough without adding totally unnecessary items. when people are painfully pedantic in briefing as it is, I ask if we were to get a runway change, would they like me to ask to go to the hold so they can run through it all again!