PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SA Flying schools and Jobs in Nam/Bots
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2007, 12:39
dnk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
White shirts with space for bars?
Condoms?

Dont worry about the white shirts mate, I wore one when I arrived looking for work and everybody thought I was a muppet. In fact, I am, and everyone still thinks I am, but at least I have a job!
As far as condoms go, there is not much scope (there is some, but not much...) for using them as god or the inventor had in mind, but make for loads of fun when fellas like p'bags puts one over his head and inflates it with his nose. v.funny.
Anyway - if faced with the rare opportunity to get your rocks off you can buy connies at the 24hr BP.

Also, some companies insist on their pirates wearing rugged hiking boots, which is a good idea if you go down in the delta - others are more relaxed - for example, I was told that leather sandals are OK, but flip-flops (or jandals) was "just taking the piss". Bring both and bobs your aunty.

If you do go down you should stay with plane anyway, as ELT will be blaring and you will be spotted and picked up relatively quickly - we hope... theres lions and all sorts of kak out their to eat/stomp/sting/bite/ruin your day (as if it wasnt bad enough already)

Other than that come out and stay at Audi Camp for 10 pula a day...thats One Pound Sterling...tell them youre a pilot and they give discount.
Get a good waterproof tent!